About a month has passed since I sold half of Inphi after buying Marvell. Yesterday I sold the remaining Inphi and added the approximate proceeds to Marvell.
There is no point in retaining Inphi, as the takeover proposal is part cash. I hold cash as a portfolio investment in any case, so I can buy without selling investments to cover. There is no real logic in being fully invested , unless you just hold T-Bills or government securities with less than a year to maturity.